Every believer has unique gifts and talents which God has given for the building up of the church.
Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them… (Romans 12:6 ESV).
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another (1 Peter 4:10 NLT).
Since you are eager for gifts of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church (1 Corinthians 14:12 NIV).
Every adult and youth 14 and older who calls Good News LBC their church home is invited to participate in one of our ministry teams.
Our ministry teams work together to address the needs of our church, our community, and even brothers and sisters in Christ throughout the world. Our teams create, plan, serve, encourage, pray, fellowship and build each other up as we invite others to become disciples of Jesus.
Reflecting the primary areas of church work at Good News, the teams are as follows:
- Benevolence and Outreach Team (Stacey Snyder, chair): Responds to needs in our local community with an emphasis on engaging the needy in the ministries of Good News.
- Building and Property Team (Brian Clayton, chair): Cares for the properties and buildings of Good News.
- Children and Youth Ministry Team (Bryant Kantz, chair): Supervises and encourages Christian education and fellowship opportunities for the children and youth of Good News.
- Evangelism and Discipleship Team (Matthew Meiser, chair): Seeks ways to bring the Gospel to our community and to disciple the believers of Good News as they grow in relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Fellowship and Service Team (Monika Sperlich, chair): Serves the needs of the people of Good News through acts of kindness and fosters fellowship through a variety of activities.
- Prayer and Mission Team (Heidi Strawser, chair): Supports and encourages the prayer life of Good News and her mission work both within the United States and throughout the world.
- Worship and Music Team (Kris Mattern, chair): Coordinates and plans the worship, music and praise life of Good News.
Our teams regularly meet from 7-8pm on the first Wednesday of every month from September-May. Occasionally, the individual teams will hold separate meetings. Even if this meeting time is not consistently open for you, you are encouraged to serve with a team regardless. Speak with the chair of the team you are interested in to know how you can be involved.