Every believer has unique gifts and talents which God has given for the building up of the church.
Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them… (Romans 12:6 ESV).
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another (1 Peter 4:10 NLT).
Since you are eager for gifts of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church (1 Corinthians 14:12 NIV).
At Good News, we encourage all people to use their gifts as, together, we serve our church family, our community, and our world. Our service teams create, plan, encourage, pray, fellowship, and build each other up as we invite others to become disciples of Jesus.
Our Service Teams
- Building and Property Team (Brian Clayton, chair): Cares for the properties and buildings of Good News.
- Mercy and Ministry Team (Stacey Snyder & Monika Sperlich, co-chairs): Serves the needs of our church family with acts of kindness, fosters fellowship through a variety of activities, and responds to needs in our local community with an emphasis on engaging others with the love of Jesus Christ and in the ministries of Good News.
- Mission and Discipleship Team (Josh McMillen, chair): Seeks to support and encourage the congregation to fulfill the goals of its mission statement, with particular emphasis on evangelism, discipleship for children, youth and adults, and cooperative missions (North American and International).
- Prayer Team (Liz Sperlich, chair): Prays and nurtures the prayer lives of the people of Good News.
- Worship and Music Team (Kris Mattern, chair): Coordinates and plans the worship, music, and praise life of Good News.
Speak with the chair of the team you are interested in to know how you can be involved. If you are unsure of how you might best use your gifts, speak with one of the pastors.